Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday: Five in One


I previously posted about a three-in-one stone on the grave of my great grandparents, but just found in my files a five-in-one stone from the Brewer Cemetery in Franklin County, AR. My wife, whose mother was a Brewer from Franklin County, and I came across this cemetery quite by accident when driving through the hills (they call them mountains) of western Arkansas. We had just come around a rather sharp bend in the road and started up a fairly steep hill when I saw the Brewer Cemetery sign. We have not found any connection so far between her Brewers and those in the cemetery but we are still looking. I have posted most of the pictures I took that day at the Find-a-Grave site. Among the many Brewer stones was this one of the Elliot Hall family which includes father Elliot and mother Isabelle, sons Saloman and Edgar, and grandson Fred.

The stone did not have any dates but I discovered that Elliot was born 25 October 1852 in Missouri and died in 1913. His parents are Levi Hall and Rebecca Cooper, originally from Ohio. Isabelle was born 16 November 1869 in Greenup, KY and died in 1906. Her parents are Calvin and Sarah Jennings, also from Kentucky. I don't have any additional information on the sons and grandson buried with them. They did have another son, Jesse Homer Hall, b. 4 December 1895 in Franklin County, d. 14 September 1953 in Tucson, AZ.



There are other interesting gravestones in the cemetery which will have to be included in subsequent contributions to Tombstone Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment